Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ask Miss Julie: "Gay Marriage"

Today's Reader Submitted Question: "Do you support gay marriage?"

Answer: Yes.

I'm bisexual. Not just for the cameras or "because guys like it" (dude, I heard Snooki from Jersey Shore say it and threw up a little in my mouth).

So why wouldn't I support my own rights? If I fell in love with a woman and wanted to commit to her for the rest of my life, I don't feel it would be any different than the way I've committed to and married a man. I've been in love with women, and it feels no different, emotionally, than being in love with men. Except, of course, you get to share clothes ;)

I'm sure it isn't the same for all bisexuals. Some are more emotionally serious about one sex, but fool around and experiment sexually with the other. For those folks, their opinions on same sex marriage may differ from mine. I'm no expert. My opinion and support is based on personal experience.

And your thoughts arrre?

No comments:

Post a Comment